In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation. Psalm 5:3

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Growing Pains

I have the privilege of taking care of by grandsons almost every Wednesday morning.  My daughter-in-law is an RN and works the night shift, and my son heads into the office very early. 
It is my responsibility to get the boys fed, dressed and off to school on time. 
Yesterday, I was walking  with my 5 year old grandson up to the school and we have to cross the schools busy driveway which is filled with cars moving quickly as parents drop their children off at school. 
I always hold tightly to Silas' little hand as we cross this busy driveway and we usually continue to walk hand and hand up to the school  entrance. But yesterday was different.  After we crossed the busy driveway, he said to me "Moo-Moo, please dont hold my hand".
So I let go of his hand and we walked up to the school doors and I  kissed him goodbye, wished him a good day and watched as he entered the school wearing his back pack that is almost bigger than he is.
I have a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes as I blog this story.  It was so painful for me to let go of his little hand.   I didn't want to let go....I wanted to hold on tight and keep him little forever....sigh......but I know I can't.   :(

Blessings,
Terry
 


No comments: